With COVID-19 affecting everyone, I just wanted to affirm that I am still available to help you with your computer service needs.
I am able to provide remote assistance, on-site service calls, and if it makes you more comfortable, I am now offering the option for you to drop off your device(s) at my house or have me pick up your device(s) from your location, make the necessary repairs back at my location, and deliver them back to you ready to go.
If there is anything else I can assist you with during this trying times, please feel free to reach out at your convenience.
What I Will Do
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 I will do the following:
- Wear a mask during any interaction with customers
- Use hand sanitizer before and after any interaction with customers
- Keep a safe distance
- Disinfect any devices and surfaces that I have touched as part of the service
- Keep a record of all face to face customer interaction so that in the event of a customer or myself testing positive, I can inform all customers who may have been exposed.
For customers who are high risk or immune compromised, only remote service appointments are possible at this time. I cannot guarantee that I have not been exposed to the virus.
I believe that we all need to act as if we have been exposed to the virus and do everything we can to protect others against the spread.
I request that customers please adhere to the following before scheduling an appointment:
- Inform me if you have travelled outside of the province within the last 14 days
- Inform me if you show any symptoms of COVID-19
- Inform me if you have been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
If any of these circumstances apply after you have scheduled an appointment that includes face to face interaction, please inform me and cancel your appointment ASAP.
During an on-site appointment I would ask that customers adhere to the following:
- Minimize time spent in the same room as I am working
- Please wear a mask if you are in the same room with me
- Please keep a safe distance
Service Options During COVID-19
With COVID-19 affecting everyone, I just wanted to affirm that I am still available to help with your computer service needs.
I am currently providing the following computer service options:
- Remote Assistance
- Pick Up / Drop Off
- On-Site Service
If your computer is connected to the internet, I can likely connect to it remotely and diagnose and resolve your issue. This option is the preferred service option if at all possible because it is the safest for everyone as it is completely no-contact.
Pick Up / Drop Off
If your computer service needs require hands on work, I am offering pick up / drop off service. I can either pick up the device(s) from you or you can drop it off to me. I will then perform the required service. Once complete, I will disinfect the device(s) and contact you to arrange for pick up / drop off.
If the work requires me to set up the computer at your home / business, I will wear a mask at all times, use hand sanitizer before and after the service call and disinfect devices and surfaces I have touched as part of the service.
This is the preferred option for jobs that will take extended time to complete (more than 1 hour) and cannot be done remotely. By working on the device(s) at my office, this greatly reduces the potential exposure time where we would both be in the same enclosed area.
Some jobs simply require on-site service.
- Your computer is not connected to the internet
- You require a network printer to be installed
- You require troubleshooting of your internet connection
The above jobs (and others) require me to work at your home / business.
While on-site I will wear a mask at all times, use hand sanitizer before and after the service call and disinfect devices and surfaces I have touched as part of the service.